The Toughest and Most Aggressive Dog Breeds
When a dog is aggressive, he shows a dangerous behaviour which he directs on another creature for example an individual or other animals. This type of behaviour includes barking, biting etc. Dogs become aggressive to protect or defend themselves. Here are some of the toughest dog breeds.
Some of the features of Chihuahua include;
- They are the smallest dog but the oldest breed in the world
- They are included in the toy group of dogs weighing around 4 to 6 pounds.
- They can have any colour and either short or long hair.
- They are loyal and obedient to their owners. If someone tries to come close to their owner, they become jealous and can bite them.
- They are known to be extremely temperamental because they are not friendly to strangers.
Some of the main features of Dachshund include;
- They weigh from around 8 to 32 pounds.
- They have both short and long hair
- Can be of any colour.
- One of the most popular dogs.
- It has a large attitude despite its small size which can cause behavioural issues.
- They have strong hunting skills towards mice, rats etc.
3. English Bulldog
Here are some of the features of the English Bulldog;
- They are short
- They are packed with muscles.
- In the old days they were used to fight bulls.
4. Chow Chow
Some of Chow Chow’s features include:
- It is a medium-sized dog.
- They weigh from around 45 to 70 pounds.
- They can be black, red, cream, blue or cinnamon in colour.
- Often used for hunting and herding.
- Can be assertive and have a dominant personality and that is why they are not good for first-time dog buyers.
- They require a firm training and guidance.
- They lack a good peripheral vision.
5. Doberman Pinscher
- It is a medium-sized dog.
- They weigh from around 70 to 90 pounds.
- Come in black, fawn, red or blue colour.
- They have a thick and short hair.
- It is an intelligent breed and mainly used as guard dogs.
- They have protective instinct to their owners, but if trained well, they can get along with children.
Here are some features of Dalmatian dog;
- It is listed as a medium-sized dog.
- They weigh from around 45 to 60 pounds.
- Their coat is short and dense which is white with either brown or black spots.
- They are used to guard passengers and cargo.
- They need to be trained to socialize when they are young.
- They are okay with children, but if enough attention is not given to them by the owner, they can easily become aggressive.
- They are quite energetic.
The following are the features of the Rottweiler dog;
- Considered as large sized dogs.
- They weigh from around 85 to 130 pounds.
- They have short hair with a dense coat which is black in colour and marked with mahogany or rust.
- They were used in bear hunting, cattle herding and also as guard dogs.
- They do not get along with strangers easily.
- They are very protective of their master.
- They are good with children although for families with very small children, they are not recommended because of their energy level and size.
8. Great Dane
- They have a huge body.
- One of the tallest and the strongest dogs in the world.
- They are temperamental.
- They are very loyal and protective.
- They are attention seekers from their owners.
- They are patient with kids.
- They are full of strength and are ready to face any danger.
9. Jack Russell Terrier
Some features of Jack Russell Terrier include;
- Are small-sized dogs
- They weigh from around 14 to 18 pounds.
- They are white with tan or black markings.
- They can be long haired, short haired or sometimes both.
- They were used for fox, groundhog and badger hunting.
- They are all stubborn and energetic dogs.
- They lack patience especially with children.
10. German Shepherd
Below are some of the features of the German Shepherd dog;
- Are medium-sized dog.
- They weigh from around 70 to 85 pounds.
- In the past, they were used as military dogs, in search and rescue teams and they act as police.
- They are not comfortable with strangers, and this is why they are good guard dogs.
- They are very intelligent because they were used to guide the blind.
11. American Staffordshire/Pit Bull Terrier
- They are medium-sized dogs
- They are very protective of their owners.
- They are very patient with children.
- This breed was designed to be used in guarding and dog fighting.
12. Dogo Argentinos
Here are some of the features of Dogo Argentinos;
- They were originally hunters.
- They have a high tolerance for pain.
- They are extremely muscular and tall making their appearance scary.
- Have short and thin coats.
- They are extremely loyal and protective of their owners.
13. Siberian Husky
Features of Siberian Husky;
- They are medium-sized dogs
- They weigh from around 35 to 70 pounds.
- The have a double coat and medium-length hair.
- They are patient with children.
- Available in black and white, red and white, gray and white or silver.
- They don’t tolerate other dogs.
- Used in cold climate to pull sleds over long distances.
- Used as rescue dogs.
14. St. Bernard
St. Bernard breed of dogs has the following features;
- They weigh from around 140-310 pounds.
- They are very large dogs and that is why they are a threat to people.
- They are very patient especially with children.
- They are powerful and fearful.
- They are always well trained for rescue missions.
- They are easy to socialize with and are very loyal to their owners.
15. Irish Wolfhound
The features of Irish Wolfhound include;
- It is a very large dog.
- They were used to guard and hunt.
- They are one of the tallest dogs in the world
- Their size and looks make them look tough.
- They are one of the oldest dogs living with humans.
- Are very loyal and protective to their owner
- They are very intelligent dogs and only require proper training.
- They are patient with children
- They are strong and calm.
Just because these dogs are the toughest and the strongest, doesn’t mean that they are not good for families. With training and the right owners, they can be good pets. This is because training a dog how to do things makes a big difference in their personality.